The Disability Benefits Consortium has submitted a series of recommendations for this year’s Budget.
In our representation to the Treasury, the DBC called on the Government to:
- Not only end the benefit freeze but also uprate payments above inflation so as to restore the amounts lost during the freeze.
- Restore the disability elements lost in the transition from “legacy benefits” to Universal Credit.
- Review the current PIP assessment criteria and process, in consultation with disabled people.
- End the 5-week wait for Universal Credit.
- Remove sanctions on disability benefits.
A copy of our submission can be found in the DBC reports section.